2017 AGM at The Garden Museum
The EBTS UK AGM was held in the nearly finished refurbished Garden Museum in Lambeth. The meeting was fully booked with 50 people attending the days events.
- The new Chairman, Chris Poole, summarised the events of the last year and updated the meeting on the plans for the future
- Dr Noel Kingsbury gave a very interesting talk entitled ‘To Clip or Not to Clip’
- There was a guided tour of the gardens at Lambeth Palace by Head Gardener, Nick Stewart
- Michael Healey, of the Redfern Gallery, explained the background history of artist Norman Stephens and there was a small exhibition of his works
- Caroline Foley, Editor of ‘Topiarius’, gave a short talk about her new book ‘Topiary, Knots & Parterres’ that was published in association with EBTS UK
- And there were clipping demonstrations, with Q&A by Chelsea Gold Medal winner James Crebbin-Bailey
EBTS UK is very grateful to the Garden Museum for allowing us to use the venue, particularly given the building work wasn’t finished and they had a tight deadline to get the facilities finished.